Danimarca: lavoro come assistente amministrativo e finanziario, per laureati in materie legate al business e management con esperienza
La soceità UNFPA, area finanziaria, cerca un assistente da inserire nel proprio ufficio con sede a Copenhagen, in Danimarca.
Il compito dell'assistente consiste nello svolgimento di attività quali controllo dei pagamenti e vouchers con i clienti, report delle attività della società, controllo e monitoraggio dati, relazionarsi con i clienti, assistenza nella preparazione degli statements finanziari.
Il candidato ideale è in possesso di una delle lauree sopra citate, ma anche di almeno due anni di esperienza rilevante nel settore, conoscenza fluente dell'inglese e spiccate doti comunicative.
Candidarsi attraverso il form sottostante se interessati, entro e non oltre il 22 Ottobre 2012.
As a part of its mandate, UNFPA procures reproductive health (RH) commodities annually. Responsibility for the efficient execution of this mandate on behalf of UNFPA lies with Procurement Services Branch (PSB). The Finance Team in Copenhagen supports UNFPA Finance Branch (FB), to ensure the global finance, including budgets, accounting, and treasury services – as well as initiating improvement efforts in areas of financial operations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Finance Specialist, Copenhagen the Finance Assistant position is located in the PSB Copenhagen office.
The holder of this position has overall responsibility for management of all finance payment activities.
The incumbent ensures timely, accurate and transparent management of financial resources by: Following established standards, practices & controls, Adapting for local circumstances where necessary, and Advising and supporting managers for informed decision making.
Key Functions & Outputs:
- Process payment vouchers for international and local vendors, ensuring adequacy of documentation, accuracy of invoices and payment terms, and that payments have not been made previously.
- Liaise with UNDP to ensure disbursement are effected and action is taken with respect to cancelled disbursements
- Provide information to project managers on status of requests for payments. Monitor, highlight and action of appropriate dashboard indicators
- Respond to vendor and buyer queries on payments, amounts and timings
- Raise Journal Entries to correct errors in recording and reclassification of expenditures as requested by HQ units.
- Monitor Accounts Payables journal generation and ensure all Accounts Payable vouchers are posted in General Ledger
- Prepare periodic reports on payment activity on value of pre-encumbrance and distribution
- Prepare ad hoc analyses of expenditure by implementing agency project or vendor
- Enter vendor data in Atlas, process requests for revisions to vendor profiles, review vendor profiles on a periodic basis to ensure continuing validity of information.
Maintenance of Vendor/ Project Record;
- Maintains files of vendor payments/ project documents and correspondences
- Process requests for revision to vendor profiles in Atlas and reviews vendor profiles on a periodic basis to ensure continuing validity (working with external Vendor Management Company)
- Prepares periodic reports on payment activity (on value of pre-encumbrance, obligations, and disbursement) Maintains schedules of disbursements to vendors
- Prepares ad hoc analyses of expenditure by implementing agency, project or vendor
- Assists with preparation of financial statements
- Provides information to project managers on status of requests for payment
- Responds to requests from vendors as appropriate in writing, by telephone and orally
- Performs activities as required to assure the success of the work team,
- Procurement Services Branch and Finance Branch Support and fill in for other PSB finance staff during their absence
Qualification & Experience (preferred profile):
- Completion of Bachelor Degree preferably in the field of Finance, Accounting, HR, Management (or other business school areas) or related field.
- Two years’ related work experience preferably in an international, customer focused organization, Private sector experience is highly desirable. (Work experience should be within minimum one of the fields: procurement, management, business, finance, HR, small business or hotel management, or corporate finance departments etc.)
- Understanding of International and Public sector procurement
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft or similar ERP system, MS Office (particularly excel) and other software applications. Knowledge of SuperOffice and Cognos report writer software is an asset.
- Experience in producing budgets and financial reports
- Experience in management of accounts (including paying bills, cash flow management, daily billing etc. for UN organisations, small- or big companies, and/or hotels is a requirement.
- Knowledge of UN regulations, rules and procedures is an asset
- Experience of UN accounting framework and systems
- Successful completion of UN or other accounting test is an asset
- Fluency in written and oral English, fluency in other UN languages is an asset Knowledge of HR work within the UN system is an asset
- Client orientation, excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Analytical and strategic thinking, business acumen, attention to detail,
- Ability to analyze and utilize data Innovation and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious relationships with customers, suppliers and colleagues
- Ability to perform well under pressure and flexibility in handling unexpected work assignments as and when necessary – maintaining accuracy
The position requires flexibility in work hours due to the relationship with UNFPA’s Finance Branch in New York.
UNFPAoffers an attractive salary and provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, respect for diversity, integrity and a healthy work/ life balance. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply.
How to apply:
All candidates must hold the legal right to work in Denmark.
Applications (letter and detailed CV) in English, quoting VA 15/12 should be sent by 22 October 2012 via email using this FORM.
Evaluation of qualified candidates for this position may include a written test or other assessment methodologies followed by a competency-based interview.